July 7, 2007

PHRASES THAT ARE DANGEROUS WHEN TAKEN OUT OF CONTEXT

- "and he also has a terminal disease, but no one bothered to tell him"

- "I hope you fall off a cliff."

- "all dressed up in a gown that looked like burnt rotini pasta"

- "was covered head to toe in Sasquatch"

- "but who knew telling Sam to choke on his own vomit would result in that kind of behavior?"

- "considering the circumstances"

- "and so we pre-gamed before the funeral"

- "definitely maybe"

- "yes, I would like to clone myself and my mother"

- "she would have wanted it this way"

- "in surgery that is mostly audience participation"

- "You are fat."

- "had to stare at that thing on Joe's face all night because we didn't know if it was going to hatch"

1 comment:

Anjel said...

Also anything you write sarcastically via text message. Sarcasm and sms dont mix. Consider these:
- You love me? Then why dont you marry me? (Add childish sarcasm = completely different meaning)
- Yeah. I'm gonna do that. (Sounds affirmative in sms, but completely opposite meaning in speech with sarcasm.)
- I'm never sarcastic (lay on the sarcasm when you say this one! unfortunatly, in an sms it's very ambiguous)
CONCLUSION: Dont use sarcasm in emails/text messages.