July 26, 2007

THINGS YOU WERE NEVER TAUGHT WHEN TRAINING TO BE A WAITER / WAITRESS

- automatically assume that any person aged 4-19 will order pizza or chicken fingers

- customers are unable to tell the difference between regular and decaf, as well as Mountain Dew and popcorn

- you are: the low man on the totem pole, the bane of your co-workers' existence, the bottom of the barrel, and the laughing stock of the restaurant, that is until the next new hire comes along

- there is no such thing as a health code violation so long as the customer doesn't see you

- training will include several one-on-one lessons with a vocal coach to perfect the three-part harmonies in your restaurant's special version of the Happy Birthday Song

- the feud between the kitchen staff and front of the house has been going on long before you started, so don't get involved

- calling the busser your lackey is disrespectful

- "would you like to hear our specials?" is not only improper grammar, it is an imperative, not a question

7 comments:

Lara Zielin said...

That sign in the bathroom that says "employees must wash hands before returning to work" is largely symbolic.

Anonymous said...

good morning friends. I'm honestly into shoes and I have been searching allowing for regarding that meticulous brand. The prices due to the fact that the shoes were approximately 220 bucks on every site. But definitively I base this locate selling them for the benefit of half price. I absolutely like those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]prada sneakers[/url]. I will probably order them. what can you say about it?

Anonymous said...

Hello. And Bye.

Anonymous said...

hello everyone. I'm honestly into shoes and I was searching allowing for regarding that singular make. The prices for the boots were all over 250 bucks on every site. But definitively I bring about this area selling them as a remedy for half price. I exceptionally like these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will absolutely order them. what is your opinion?

Anonymous said...

good day friends. I'm actually into shoes and I was searching for that particular brand. The prices for the boots are all over 330 dollars everwhere. But definitively I base this locate selling them for half price. I in reality want these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will probably purchase them. what is your opinion?

eco lodge said...

Hi buddy, firstly I would like to send greetings to all readers then I think that this information is amazing and very entertainment information, I was looking information about THINGS YOU WERE NEVER TAUGHT WHEN TRAINING TO BE A WAITER / WAITRESS, and this information is very professional and I would like to have any update about, thanks for sharing!!

Anonymous said...

I should digg your article therefore other folks can look at it, very useful, I had a tough time finding the results searching on the web, thanks.

- Norman