June 7, 2007

WAYS IN WHICH DINNER GUESTS CAN EXPRESS GRATITUDE TO THEIR HOSTS

- run laps around dinner table

- best impersonation of all-night senate filibuster

- convince host to assist you in holding a séance in their garage

- saying, "that dinner was so good, I'll just sit here until you cook me another"

- alcohol poisoning

- release the penguins

- offering condolences regarding spouse's infidelity in front of children who are just old enough to understand the implications

- saying, "mmm, that was delicious, can I have the recipe?" 1,000 times in a row

- demonstrate to hosts how to use yardsticks as chopsticks at Chinese-themed meal

- allow hosts to sit back and take it eaay while you do enough dancing for the both of you

- open door to dog kennel after you were expressly told to "let the dog be", because it just had surgery and would re-injure its leg if given the opportunity to escape from the kennel

19 comments:

Renegade said...

LOLZ!!! Cool blog!

Check out Renegade's BS

mskp said...

begin leonard cohen sing-along?

B.T.Bear (esq.) said...

"release the penguins" has to be the best ;@}

Word Imp said...

Hi there
Well done to be a blog of note. I was chosen yesterday. It's a very exciting club and the comments soon increase incredibly, so look forward to that! Have a great day. I love the "release the penguins" one too! Could you please do one on "Reasons why he didn't call back". Thanks again and all the best from New Zealand.

Lena said...

What???

ALF said...

they could go into the bathroom and use the entire roll of toilet paper to soak up all the water in the toilet...we had someone do that once.

kelbell1999 said...

Awesome! haha

Oberon said...

......i thought i was strange for making a list.......of lists......now i know i'm okay.

Tony Cui said...

Very strange list. Has everyone even done that or you've seen someone do that... at your house?

Dark Angel said...

Thank you for the suggestions,now I can how to involve in this case ;)

Laura (EuropeCrazy) said...

Awesome blog!! Keep the lists coming - they're brilliant!

sven said...

It's great to find another list-maker! My sis and I do "list-offs" all the time. Congrats on being a Blog of Note =)

Sassy63 said...

You are one creative dude! And congrads on being a Blog of Note!

Patrice said...

Hello Adam,

I have just noticed that you have deleted my comment... I am sorry that you took it as a spam, and I will not try to promote my blog thought commenting on your blog anymore... Sorry again, and from my last comment, I will just keep my congratulation for your selection at Blogs of Note!

/Patrice

Anonymous said...

I tell you... I just love visiting this blog!
www.smokeveil.blogspot.com

Teresa, Stuart and Audrey said...

quite excellent. Your lists make me think that you've lived abroad. Am I right?

ERiC said...

Great blog, one of the best I have seen.

Mark Nurdin said...

Congrats on being neamed a Blog Of Note. Your blog intrigues me and I shall be keeping a close eye on it for my own amusement - keep up the good work! :)

Scott Jensen said...

amen. amen. release the penguins. why didnt i think of that?