June 8, 2007

IF I KNEW YOU WERE COMING I'D HAVE:

- swept

- baked a cake

- staged an unimpressive but thoughtful reenactment of the Korean War

- tidied up the house

- slaughtered a goat

- written a piece of historical fiction based on your ancestry

- impressed you

- built you a harpsichord

- smiled

- taped a note to the front door

- moved the mountains and parted the sea

- worn appropriate clothing

- bent my knives into plows

- drank the rest of the top-shelf liquor so I didn't feel obligated to offer you any

- kicked Nancy Reagan

- jumped down from my high horse

- made a bird feeder out of an old milk carton

- done background research

- left an away message saying, "out doing laundry"

- called for hired help

6 comments:

Ed said...

You'd drink all the top shelf liqour! That ain't right. What's on the bottom shelf?

terryowens said...

worn clothes?

VS said...

.. i'd have ..

- invited someone else too!

- finished all the belgian chocolates

- sent my car for 2-day servicing

- repaired the UPS

- left some of the friday pizza

- asked you to postpone

- asked you to come on bargain-tuesday

VS said...

hey, cool post!

Scott Jensen said...

aww, how thoughtful. ..... yea..... =(.........--_--

The Gypsy said...

lush site Listoff. First blog I've bookmarked for ages, the combination of your wordsmithery and wit had me at the first post.